Treat your fellow chatters and network staff with respect and use common sense.
The following behaviors will not be tolerated:
- Harassment and/or stalking of users or staff.
- CTCP/Text flooding.
- Abusive cloning. Only one connection per host is allowed without prior approval (Schools, internet cafes etc.)
- Knowingly or carelessly running any program that may damage or place excessive load on a server or the network. This includes but is not limited to mass-invites, mass-messages and programs known as war scripts, clone-bots or flood-bot. Using these will lead to being banned without prior warning.
- Knowingly evading channel, server or network bans.
- Unauthorized attempts to circumvent data protection schemes or uncover security loopholes. This includes creating and/or running programs that are designed to identify security loopholes and/or decrypt intentionally secure data.
- Sharing/serving of pirated software ("Warez"), Digital Satellite System (DSS) or Pornographic material on this network in any form.
- Channelnames, Nicknames, "Vhosts", Topics or behavior which are offensive, derogatory or racist, including but not limited to race, religion, ethnic group, sexual preference, etc. We reserve the right to ask you to change your name or to change it for you, with or without prior notice.
- Forging the identity of a user or machine in an electronic communication, also commonly referred to as spoofing.
Additionally, keep these in mind:
- It is your responsibility to learn the rules of the channels you are in. Each channel may have additional rules to those listed here.
- By connecting and remaining connected to any server on this network, you agree to abide by the rules and terms set forth. If you do not accept these terms, disconnect now.
- We reserve the right to disconnect, and/or deny access to this server/network for any reason. Remember, this is a service we give to you, not a right.
Plus Our Rules
Notice that Our Rules are more vague. It is up to the Chanops discretionwhen you have stepped over the line. They will let you know. In general, don't be annoying and you will be fine. Hang out with us, get to know us, you'll see how this works.
- All Sluggy Channels:
- Please use English only in the channels (occasional bouts of silliness in latin are fine). No aolese, yahoolingo, or 1337.
- We are "Sluggy-Safe" meaning if it is too offensive for Pete to say in Sluggy Freelance it is too offensive to say in the main channels. (We have channels for more adult content.)
- Please keep religious and political discussions to a minimum and preferably keep such topics in private conversation or channels setup for the purpose. (#religion and #ethics)
- Please do not post words, pictures or behaviour that is excessively violent, crude, rude, or otherwise offensive.
- Please avoid exessive use of all capital letters (CAPS) and colored text.
- #SluggyToys: This channel is intended more for practical/technical discussions than casual chit-chat, so rules are oriented towards allowing those conversations to take place without interruption.
- If someone is annoying you, ask them to "shut up". If the other person does not shut up, you may ask for a ban.
- If you feel you have been unfairly requested to "shut up", please save a copy of the conversation and discuss it with a chanop.